was your house always clean when u were prego?

i am 8.5 month prego and i need to seriously clean my house. i have dishes in my sink. laundry (clean) that is in baskets waiting to be folded and put away. and i need to vaccuum havent done that since sunday. i feel like a slob. not to mention i have a 3 year old and a 6 year old. s/o works two jobs and help at home when he can. we all just got over the flu so my house is a bit more messy than usual. but i just cant seem to get the motivation. to clean it. i went to do the dishes about 30 mins ago but then my 3 year old started throwing a fit. he wanted to help. but i didnt want him touching the two day old food stuck to the bowls. he started crying when i turned onthe garbage disposal. so i stopped what i was doing to rock him and calm him down. and havent gone back to finish them. we are now sitting at the table together and he is coloring. i wish i had the energy to get my house spottless b4 baby comes....anyone else feel this way?

sweetestkitten

Asked by sweetestkitten at 6:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Its totally understandable to have a slightly unkempt house while 8.5 months preggo. Its hard to bend over and stay on your feet too long so don't feel bad. Mine was also not too spotless while i was preggo. I hated it too but there isn't much you could do to fix it, maybe ask your 6yo to help a little bit more.
    babycakesaz

Answer by babycakesaz at 6:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• During my first trimester, no. I was always to tired to move and slept a lot. After that I kept up on the house till I was put on bed rest.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 6:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• No, mine wasn't anywhere near spotless. I would run the laundry so we had clean clothes and I had to keep the dishes done (I can't stand dirty dishes sitting around) but the rest of the house cleaning was just put on hold. I would recruit your kids to help fold laundry, but not to wash dishes. Maybe they can stay busy with a movie while you get those caught up. Good luck (c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• my house is never totally clean with five kids and being pregnant.
    mrssundin

Answer by mrssundin at 7:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• In the begining, no. But when I hit my nesting phase I went nuts if ONE THING was outta place!
    sweetstkissez22

Answer by sweetstkissez22 at 8:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• nope and I don't stress myself out trying to make it that way.
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 8:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2011