Should I put my 3 month old baby to sleep in other room at nights?

Proud2bJmom

Asked by Proud2bJmom at 3:46 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I find that we both sleep better when my 3 month old sleeps in her bed.
    IheaRtCaMer0N

Answer by IheaRtCaMer0N at 3:47 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• When I had my DD my husband and I shared a full sized bed. There was no room for her even if I HAD been comfortable with it. She was in a crib in our room for the first 2 months. Then we moved and there was no room for the crib in our room so she went straight to the crib in her own room. Worked out peachy for us :)
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 3:50 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• If you can not sleep thru the murmurs of a sleeping baby, move her. I prefer to co-sleep. I am a snuggler
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 4:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• Do what you feel comfortable with! I think that it is too young to be left in a room by yourself. And I would be thinking that if something happened I would not hear her/him. My kids have gone to their own room when they have been okey and felt comfortable about it, and NOBODY HAS DIED BECAUSE OF IT!! sometimes we pay attention at things that don't have importance, believe me having your children with you or nearby will make you feel better, not feel guilty, and in the long run it doesn't matter!

Mother of 3.
    Madrepor2ndavez

Answer by Madrepor2ndavez at 4:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• If you want to, sure.
    I moved my daughter to her own room at a week because every little snuffle and movement jerked me back awake. I needed to hear her cries. I didn't need to know if she moved an arm or leg.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:24 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• If the child will sleep in their own room in their own bed let them. If there is a problem with them doing this I see nothing wrong with a family bed. My husband is a truck driver home on weekends and some week days. He was gone last night and my almost ten year old was in the bed with me when I woke up. All of my children slept with me, I tried all the suggestions to get them to sleep in their beds and none of them worked. I also stayed up half the night trying to accomplish the task, by third one I said forget it just sleep.

Peace, <>
    JoyceTN

Answer by JoyceTN at 4:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I would give it another 3 months. SID normally isn't a factor after that. I know it's rough, but I would stick it out just in case.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 4:53 PM on Nov. 13, 2008