teachers and seasoned parents ....

what happens to the photos the teacher has been taking all year of the kids in her class (including my son) ? Is it wrong/weird for me to ask for copies? Like of all their little parties, field trips, etc?

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in

• Not weird at all, in fact, I made photo CDs for all of my parents when I taught. For me personally, I keep them on my backup hard drive and they are arranged by year.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I would ask, its not weird
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 6:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I would ask for copies. It wouldn't be weird at all. I think the teachers should give the pictures to the parents. My son's preschool teacher put all the pictures on CDs for the parents.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 6:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Not weird at all. And Im sure its a comliment to her! If she is taking pics of YOUR kids then you have the right to ask for a copy.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 6:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• In our preschool, the teacher makes posters of all the parties, etc, then at "graduation" we can take the pics of our kids off & home. In the older grades (well, up through 2nd anyway, lol) the teacher makes a little booklet of a bunch of pictures, both group & individual shots. Each child gets a booklet with their own individual pictures & everyone gets the same group shots.
    Anonymous

• As a preschool teacher, I made copies available for any parent that wanted them. One of our parents also made a slide show for the end of the year. I have made posters, used them in projects. I would ask for copies, I am sure the teacher would have no problem sharing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 5:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I usually save the photos, and put them on a year end portfolio of student works I have collected. Each student gets their own portfolio, and all of their pics to take home on the last day of school.

KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 2:58 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• At the end of the year we divide the pictures up between the students.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 5:55 PM on Jan. 22, 2011

Next question in
What are good educational TV shows for kids?

Next question overall (Just for Fun)
WHY....