Britax or Evenflo? it's time to get rid of the car seat! i'm excited, but i'm not sure which brand to get? i have a tall 9 month old, so something that is big is perfect. which do you have/or would choose?

joli13

Asked by joli13 at 6:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have a Britax Marathon for my 15 month old. He is still on the bottom slot and is still rear facing. I am sure he can fit a quite awhile. I would take your son to Babies R Us and just try them out and see which one fits him better. I am not sure about the harness heights on either.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 6:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i have 2 evenflo. not sure the model though.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 6:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Britax it is worth the money.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 6:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I have Britax Boulevard for my 18 month old and Britax booster seat for my 4 yr old.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I have a Britax Marathon & my Son has been using it since he grew out of his infant carrier & he's 4 now & still fits perfectly. The weight limit goes up to 65 lbs. I am very happy with it & have never had any problems at all.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• my 12 month old is in a britax, it belonged to her older sister and she started using it around 10.5 months cause it's convertible. i really like it and she seems to as well :)
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• evenflo
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 6:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Britax Boulevard
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You should check out the carseat safety group here on cafemom...there are quite a few carseat safety techs in there. The safety 1st complete air is currently the tallest seat on the market and will last the longest for a taller child...it can rear face up to 40lbs and the 65 version front faces up to 65lbs (there is also a 50lb version) When you are looking at heights for car seats they are mostly just a guidline and what really matters is the childs torso height (height from butt to top of shoulder) It really depends on which britax or evenflo seats your are considering if they will really last you long enough to not have to buy another seat before your child is ready for a booster. The ladies in the car seat safety group are really good at helping you determine which seat would best suit your child and last the longest.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 7:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I started with the evenflo, until the headpiece rattled so much that it drove me nuts-- can't imagine what it did to my poor kid! I now have the Britax Advocate. It's huge, but I like the extra padding, and it was easy to install as I have the Latch system. Adjusting it as my son grows is simple, too. My sister in law has the Marathon, and she loves hers, too.
    Busimommi

Answer by Busimommi at 7:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2011