Why is she acting SO bad?! (normal?)

For the past week or so my 2 year old DD has been a complete OUTRAGE!!!! She says to me "i'm mad, you made me mad" She will pinch me, or even hit me when she does not get her way. She has NEVER been like this! Shes soooooo whiny too! (she even takes a nap!) If she wants something and I tell her no, she will yell at me (although i have NO idea what she is saying lol, she cannot talk very clearly, she's only 2) She throws things. I am so sick of this behavior, especially her pinching/hitting me! What can I do? HELP!!!!!!

knicole0708

Asked by knicole0708 at 6:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yup. Terrible twos. One day your sweet angel goes to bed and then they wake up and they are completely different and to independent for their own good.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 7:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• welcome to the terrible twos....hang in there she will test ur limits. if it gets too out of control consult with her dr for an underlying problem. gl
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 6:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Hang in there. This is normal. Just make sure to let her know this that is not okay behavior. And show her other ways to express her emotions and feelings. It could be that she is acting out so much because she doesn't think that she is being understood or she is not sure how to deal with her emotions. Try giving alternatives. Good luck
    MamaWolf1981

Answer by MamaWolf1981 at 7:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Time outs might work now but you have to be consistent and stick with it. The biggest problem with it is that parents give up on it before the child gets the hang of it. Also, each of them has a "currency" which is THE most important thing to them. We used to take that away for an appropriate length of time as punishment. It won't necessarily be a toy. My youngest used to LOVE watching the trash truck. So, occasionally we would say he would not be allowed to watch it. Zero in on what makes her tick. Be Consistent!! Don't threaten something unless you really will do it. Like saying "you will never watch TV again". That is unrealistic and not something you can follow through on. Also make sure she gets enough one on one time with you and your SO. Plus praise when she does things right. And positive reinforcement for good things goes a long way to make her feel special. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 7:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I would try time outs with her you have to be consistent with her or she'll try to overpower you everytime! I wish you the best of luck its just a phase !
    jdbrown21

Answer by jdbrown21 at 8:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2011