How many accidents have you been in?

I am talking car accidents. Where they your fault or someone else's?

kmath

Asked by kmath at 7:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Travel

• Just one...another driver ran a stop sign and ran in to me. Thankfully no one was hurt badly (she had her kids in the car, too).
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 7:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• none *knock on wood* well one when i was like 4 but my mom was driving and it was just a fender bender
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 7:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• 8-
    2 of them I was just a passenger,
    1 of them was my fault when I first got my license.
    1 was my fault when I accidentally rear ended someone...luckily not much damage
    1 was a hit and run, I was in high school, but actually caught the guy 2 weeks later
    1 I was hit by a driver who was driving illegally in a bus lane
    1 I was run off a 2 lane road and rolled my car with all 3 kids in it, no one was hurt
    1 I was hit by a teen driver who just got their license!!!

Needless to say, I don't enjoy driving, and I'm not a good passenger either!!
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 7:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• none thank god
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• one
    My so called friend pulled out onto a divided highway and STOPPED because she accidentally went thru the stop sign a few feet back. We were right in the path of cars going 50! I screamed at her to go,but she just stared at me and sat there. A car hit us going at least 45. The cars' engine folded up right into the passenger compartment. My neck got seriously messed up in that accident. She of course didn't get a scratch on her. 16 years later and I still can't move my head all the way to the left.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• 5 - none of them my fault.

1 - as a kid, my mom was rearended by an idiot in a parking lot
    2 - my ex got rearended at a stop light by a little old lady who didn't realise the light was red
    3 - a guy turned in front of us, panicked and turned back into oncoming traffic and hit the passenger side. I was 7 1/2 months pregnant
    4 - I had just gotten my driver's license and a guy turned wide around a bend in the road and scraped the side of his car across my bumper. he tried to say I hit him, but I was at a dead stop at a stop sign, behind the line. He also attempted to defraud my insurance company by submitting the info on a similar, but more damaged vehicle and when they denied his claim for fraud, he called the DMV and told them I was driving w/o insurance and got into an accident, and tried to get my license suspended. (It didn't work, I reported his fraud to the DMV.)
    5 - a woman backed into the side of my car in a lot
    geminilove

Answer by geminilove at 7:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• 2, both in parking lots, 1st I wasnt driving and someone rear-ended us in walmarts parking lot, the second I was sitting still at the gas station and a drunk driver backed into my car.
    foxracing43701

Answer by foxracing43701 at 8:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• 4 - passenger in a rear-ending, driver in a rear-ending, driver in a t-bone (I wasn't cited but cops said it was my fault), and now I totally brain-farted the 4th...
    Anonymous

• Twice.......oddly enough both times another car hit my front left quarter panel. Thank god no one was hurt in either....just totaled cars.
    LilyPondOasis

Answer by LilyPondOasis at 3:25 AM on Jan. 20, 2011