My daughter scratched her eye with her nail should i take her to the dr and if so can i wait until am?

Just wanted to know how urgent it was she is in a lot of pain i keep giving her eye drops and motrin just didnt want to risk anything and this is the first time this has happened.

KateP0322

Asked by KateP0322 at 7:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• last year my son scratched my eye with his nail and it hurt bad. I could not open my eye with out pain. You could wait until the AM, it just depends on how much pain your daughter is in. How old is she? When i did go to the DR. my eye had a tear in it and the doc gave me antibiotic eye drops to put in it so i would not get an infection. I would probably take my child to the doc depending how old she is and how much pain she is in.
    team21

Answer by team21 at 7:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My dog scratched my actual eye with his nail and it hurt for a long time. I went to an eye doctor and there was nothing that could be done about it. I had the effects for years. My eye would just hurt on and off and would water up and tear like I was crying out of one eye just randomly. I would take her to the eye doctor in the morning just to see what the scope of the damage was, and they will tell you what course of action to take.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 7:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My daughter is 5 and right now she's sleeping i just didnt know if i should wake her tonight to take her, or if i wait until tom. and she feels better, do i still take her or just assume its better. The thing is my husband just went into the army and i took her off my work ins and thought i was putting her straight on tricare but its taking longer than i thought to get information, so right now technically she's uninsured, so it would cost me like 100.00. i heard the eye heals itself quickely but just wasnt sure if it is worth the money to get checked out
    KateP0322

Comment by KateP0322 (original poster) at 8:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• If she's sleeping comfortably you can probably wait until morning but if she wakes up complaining that it hurts I would take her in for sure
    alinker

Answer by alinker at 8:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2011