I have never posted a question here but I am wondering...

I was raised catholic, went to catholic school, was taught by nuns and attended church 6 days a week and one day a week was sent to confession. All of this made me who I am today and I do not attend church or practice a "religion" I believe that I try to be the best person I can be. I try to do what is right and I try to become a better person each day but I do not attend a church. Do you think that because I do not attend church and practice a faith in a tradition manner that it doesn't mean as much as the people who attend church?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• In my opinion, it doesn't matter. Faith is a personal thing, so you can practice alone or with others or not at all, however you want in that regard. I think treating people with love, compassion, and kindness is what matters--whatever spiritual path we take. JMO
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 8:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• not at all!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• No, it means the same. you don't have to go to church to believe in christ...so why would it mean just because you don't go to church, it means any less of someone who does? Because by all means, there are a lot of people who go to church, practice there faith, and at the same time, SIN SIN SIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Going to a manmade building to pray doesn't make you any more or any less faithful than the next person. As long as you practice what it is you believe, it sounds good to me.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 7:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Not at all. I think what you believe in your heart is more important. If you don't have God with you all the time, you won't find Him in church. As far as religiono goes, well religion is man made, and sometimes man's rules for practicing a certain religion are questionable and flawed.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 7:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• no, there are plenty of people who attend church and leave their soul at the door. just because you're there doesn't mean you're getting anything out of it. i have actually been to churches that i felt such overwhelming hate and other un christian like attitudes in *(from the pulpit, congregation, you name it....it was simply toxic!) i had to get out of there before i was corrupted. but going to church does give you more opportunities to serve the community and have fellowship with other people of your religion, so to me that is a big bonus of going to church. and sometimes the sermons make you think or get you interested in the spiritual aspects of something you might have not thought about before. but no, going to church or not going to church doesn't have much to do with your spiritual health.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 7:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• no it's what matters in your heart.
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 8:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• nope- there are a lot of people who go to church then act awful the rest of the time-they do it for show

what matters is what is in your heart and you do not need a church to be a wonderful person
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• No, I think that you are fine! :) And to strive to be a good person means everything!
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• No! Religion is not needed to have a relationship with your God, and neither is Church.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2011