• In the Spotlight:

hey you all, well I am six months 1 week and 3 days pregnant.............Im super super excited, I have a very high risk pregnancy and my doctors say that i could really go in to laber any time after my 27th week-which isnt far away.....when should i have my baby shower???????? is it ok to have a baby shower after the baby is born??????

redmisses

Asked by redmisses at 7:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It is absolutely ok to have one afterwards!
    mslksdh

Answer by mslksdh at 7:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i would only worry about resting and keeping in that baby long as possible. 27 weeks is scarey. let your fam or friends do a shower. u relax momma take care of that baby.
    sweetestkitten

Answer by sweetestkitten at 7:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You can have a baby shower after the baby is born. Then the baby gets to go.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 7:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Yes, after baby comes! I did with my twin and it was so much fun. You just take of you and the babe for now!
    Noosa

Answer by Noosa at 7:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I would do it after. Not to scare you but 27 weeks is scary early. You don't know what problems you may encounter. Keep that baby in as long as possible, take from this NICU mom, what I would have given for just 2 more weeks!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I don't see why u can't have a baby shower after u have your baby.... But I can tell u this, depending if u go natural or c-section u will not be feeling like going to your baby shower, especially if u have a c-section. I had mine that way, and I tell u this, it hurt like HELL! Of course, I am a wimp from hell, but u will at least stay in the hospital for 3 days to make sure there will be no infections and forgive me for being blunt, but they will niot let u go intill u do the #2. This is just my experiance, so u might differ and your insurance is different. I was on medicaid when I had my daughter. Wjhen I got home, I didn't want o do anything for long time, almost a month, again u might differ....anyway, congrats on your baby, do u know what th baby is yet?
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It's more than ok to have one after and a lot of people actually prefer it so they can see the baby.
    rpetullo

Answer by rpetullo at 8:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• After the baby is born. For now you need to focus on keeping the baby inside a little longer. Has you doctor put you on Terbutaline/Brethine yet?? It might be something to consider. Stay off your feet as much as you can and good luck!! Baby shower after the baby gets here unless you really want to do it before, but I wouldn't recommend it under high risk conditions.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:20 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• ITS A BOY!!!!!!!!
    redmisses

Comment by redmisses (original poster) at 9:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I would prefer to have it before, especially if it is your first, that way you would have alot of the items before he comes. We got the car seat and alot of diapers at my shower, so I'm glad we had that stuff before hand.
    moviemom22

Answer by moviemom22 at 12:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2011