Help!!!!!!!! adult content

My kids are driving me nuts!!! I just really feel like Im about to either flip out or break down. My 12 year old has ONE chore he has to do everyday, and everyday I have to ask him to do it, and then after I tell him I have to listen to him complain the whooole time he does it. Then my 3 year old doesnt want to eat anything! He tells me he wants this, or he wants that.. Then Ill make it or he will help me make it then why it comes time to actually eat it he doesnt want it anymore. All the whining, complaining, screaming, drama and whatever else is really just about to make me pop!! My chest literally hurts! They are just driving me nuts!!!!!!!!!! What can I do to ease this?? I dont know how much more my heart can take before it explodes from my chest!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I know how you feel, and you are not alone. My 2 1/2 yr old is the same way with food, especially at dinner time. My rule is, if you don't want what I made for dinner then you don't eat. I'm not a short order cook!

As far as how to handle the stress. Try to find some time for yourself! Take a hot bath or watch a movie, whatever it is you enjoy doing.

Hang in there mama, everyone has those days.
    elmo6885

Answer by elmo6885 at 8:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• You poor thing. Next time your so complains, lay down the law, tell him to do it without all the bellyaching or he can sit in his room. Next, if your three year old doesn't eat, tell him his night is done. You cook a meal, you expect him to eat it. End of story. It shouldn't take too many times of putting your foot solidly down to change what they're doing. Happy mom = happy kids. ((((HUGS))))
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Boy, I can't wait. Mines only 2 yrs old, and a girl. I'd say, you need to take a Yoga class or something.
    GaurdianSage826

Answer by GaurdianSage826 at 5:18 AM on Jan. 20, 2011