Help me make the ideal baby book. I need your input!

The store-bought baby book I recieved when my son was born was cute, but didn't quite fit the bill. There were pages I wanted to add to and some pages that I have yet to write on. For this baby I'm going to make my own book, totally custom and perfect.

What cute page ideas do you have? And from your experience what pages would you omit.

Wish me luck!

bootsky

Asked by bootsky at 8:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• What a good idea! I would start with what you like about the current one you have. For me, I remember how strict I was with writing every little detail down on the exact date, etc. I've had three boys and looking back it doesn't seem as important to me now. Photos are always good. I made a little book for my firstborn with a few of his photos and some inscriptions that I could read to him when he was a wee one. Have fun on your project!
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 12:10 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Before you're a parent everything feels like it matters to write down but when it really comes down to it, you don't need every tiny detail. I think baby books need more picture areas and more personal writing about the speical moments that were going on with pictures. Yes, all of those heights and weights are great, first words too, but it's the special moments that you feel the most deeply and don't want to forget. Even writing about the first trip to the doctor and all of the fear that you felt. How you felt with first shots. How insecure you may have felt the day you brought them home. The confidence that you developed when you realized that "you can do it!" The first time they used a spoon and what was on it and where the food ended up! To me, those are the special moments and children love to hear about themselves at they get older, not a graph of weight and height! Have fun! I love the idea of making your own!
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:24 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My baby books ended with the pc. 3 have physical books, the other 2 have baby books on our computer. It is so fun, fast, easy, you can post pics etc and write down all the little things you feel are important. I love it. Then when I am done...if I am ever done writing to my children, I can put it on disk and boom baby book of the future.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 10:39 AM on Jan. 25, 2011