TSA humiliates breast cancer survivor with prosthetic breast. (ANOTHER breast cancer survivor)

At this point asking questions is kind of a moot point. We all know how we feel about the TSA. However, my Congressman gets a weekly update from me on the issues at hand and how I'd like him to vote, and once again, the TSA will be placed on the list.

http://thestir.cafemom.com/healthy_living/115032/airport_security_mistakes_prosthetic_breast

Evidently, they tried to force the 82 year old woman to hold both hands up, which she cannot do any more, and then practically laughed at her.
What can we do to make this abuse stop?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 8:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Pigs...
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 8:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• How much far is this going to go!? This is getting beyond BS.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Was that the one that happened in Canada? That poor lady!
    DigiScrapperMom

Answer by DigiScrapperMom at 8:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Honestly, my 9 year old dd flew from SC to OH over xmas break and we didn't have any issue at all. I had to go through security with her, and then again picking her up. We dressed appropriately, packed properly, and simply walked through the metal detector without any issue... there were other people who set it off, and had to be searched.
    Obviously there has been abuse, and there will continue to be, but the majority is not experiencing it, and the media is making it a lot bigger than it truly is.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It just shows that the TSA doesn't seem to routinely hire people who are ethical. The things the TSA has to do isn't pleasant. How can they get such a thrill out of it? Oh, I know. They have no values, morals, or humility if they can make the traveler feel humiliated. There has to be someone who remembers the people they are humiliating are paying to fly. Now, I know the terrorist pay too, but there are more honest people flying than terrorist as far as I can tell. Keep me safe, but treat me with dignity. That means hiring people who have ethics. I don't think it is too much to ask.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Obviously there has been abuse, and there will continue to be, but the majority is not experiencing it, and the media is making it a lot bigger than it truly is.

Even just ONE 82 yr old woman being treated like this is A BIG DEAL, IMO....

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 8:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

***
    A lot of people don't "have a problem" with things like this, until THEY are personally affected.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Don't fly. That's my simplest answer. Write to your senators and representatives, get involved. It's disgusting what the TSA will do, simply because they know they can get away with it.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 8:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Please, oh please continue to take it out of context to make your point.

A) It IS a big deal. No one said its not.
    B) It is inexcusable, but until everyone makes a stand NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE.
    C) the media IS painting it out to be a more widespread problem than it is. Simple fact. Stating fact does not negate the seriousness of the issue.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It is inexcusable, but until everyone makes a stand NOTHING IS GOING TO CHANGE.

***
    Actually people DID try to organize a protest over the Thanksgiving holiday, but in true DHS fashion, anyone who disrupted the screening procedures or refused to be screened, wouldn't be able to just leave, they would have been jailed, pending further investigation.

So, with an attitude like that, many people opted for other modes of transportation or canceled plans all together. I'd be interested to learn what impact the new screening procedures had on "the business travel time of the year!" Off to do some Googling! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2011