Dieting/ watching your weight- biggest downfall

Most of us have done it. It's a new year's resolution. It's the beginning of a new week. Or we sneak up on it, and decide on a Thursday at 5:45pm, "What the h@ll, let's try this again, maybe it'll work better if I decide out of the blue, before my body and my mind have time to plan a counter attack". A lot of women spend a good portion of their lives, "Watching their weight" or "dieting". Sooooo................you're in the zone, you haven't even thought of eating a candy bar, or that big piece of chocolate cake in the fridge.........ok, you thought about it........and maybe had a slight fingerfull of frosting......but that was it........maybe 2 finger fulls of frosting, since you had to "cover" the evidence that you had the first finger full, and why let that go to waste? What brings you down and makes you "give up" every time? Portion control? The evil scale? Carbs? Sugar? What stands between you and your goal?

HappyEndings

Asked by HappyEndings at 8:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• Social situations and holidays. I'm facing a few kids parties coming up, I'm hosting some friends and family in a few weeks...and I take pride in serving the most fabulous food...which is rarely diet friendly.... and damn, superbowl. Its not sweets that get me, its the salty and fried and dips and finger foods...and oh yeah, WINE and BEER and the occassional Cosmo...ACKKK!!!!!

I'm just not one that can bring myself to do say, Easter, with a light menu....Easter to me is leg of lamb, mashed potatoes, gravy, butter, cream, appetizers, cheese....
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 8:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• The ambition to get my lazy bum off the couch and work out...and soda. And sweets. I have several issues to deal with.
    bugfin

Answer by bugfin at 8:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Boredom. I love trying new recipe but sometimes I just don't want to go through the trouble of planning. Getting bored with what Weight Watchers (its the only program I've done) happens too when it stops being new.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I have absolutely no will power and I eat constantly
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 8:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• sugar! i tend to crave it whem i'm really hungry nd that's bad =-c i do not give to it all the times, but when i do i feel bad.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 10:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My biggest downfall is I check the scale too many times. And when it doesnt move like i want I get depressed and lose motivations.
    JennyJenny529

Answer by JennyJenny529 at 11:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Sweets for sure.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:27 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I don't have this problem. However, when I wanted to lose my baby weight, salty and sweet were hard to reduce, but fitting back into my pants was a big motivator. It worked.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:44 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• sweets!
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 2:47 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• my kids, and lack of time... otherwise we don't tempt ourselves with "fingerfulls of frosting"... we have only healthy food in the house.
    asil

Answer by asil at 6:22 PM on Jan. 20, 2011