My little girl has fever, please help...

It started late yesterday evening, around 6ish. It was 100.7, gave her 1 teaspoon of Advil. At midnight it was 101.3, gave her another teaspoon, this went on through out  the night.. at 1:00 p.m. today it was 101.9, gave her another dose, and pushed liquids, she was kind of sluggish, but when the medicine had time to take affect, she was to her normal self, but even with the medicine, it would still run about 99 degrees. btw, this is with a digital therm. under the arm. But what puzzles me is she doesn't have any other symptoms, no cough, runny nose, says her ears and throat doesn't hurt, she is two years old, no diarrhea NOTHING. just fever. Should I take her in to the Dr. tomorrow? she is T T'ing just fine also... and eating just about like she normally would also...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• If it's only 99 then it sounds like she's fighting it. Keep doing what you're doing.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Just my opinion, and I respect other people do it differently, but I don't give my kids medicine until they reach 102 fever. I dress them in loose cotton clothing, give them fluids and make them rest. Could she be getting some teeth and that's why there are no other symptoms? Call your doctor if you're concerned, but they may just give you some more ideas and say to keep her at home. Good luck.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• that is a low grade fever....nothing to really worry about. if you want to break a fever i prefer to do tylenol every 4 hours until the fever breaks, then one last dose so it won't rebound. but if it went from 101.9 to 99 i would say it's breaking since 99 is basically normal
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• keep a eye on her through the night its just her body fighting off whatever virus she came in contact with. our bodies need to run a bit of a fever in order to fight the infection. If she runs a fever again all night then id call your dr in the morning and just see if he wants to see her or not. Also you can try alternating advil and tylenol every 3 hours if her temp doesnt seem to drop.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 8:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Our Dr. says dont give them anything until it is over 100...it gives their system a chance to do its job fighting it off. When the temp goes over 100 treat it...but dont wait until the temp is already up...if its an every 4 hour med then give it to her every 4 hours even if she doesnt have a temp, this will prevent a temp.
    mbc324

Answer by mbc324 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• If she starts running a really high fever in the night get a washcloth and get it wet with cool water and rub her forehead and under her arms with it. not to scare you but some of my children went through convulsions when they were that young and had high fevers. You are doing a great job keep giving her plenty of liquids.

Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 8:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• it sounds like you are doing a pretty good job keeping it under control. If she starts showing any other symptoms or the fever gets higher I would take her to the doctor
    bobbietrayer

Answer by bobbietrayer at 8:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2011