Does he do enough for you?

My husband is very... hands off, to put it nicely. The other day, I asked him if he could help me get the nail polish off my toe nails. He basically said no, because the nail polish remover stinks. Ugh, whatever. He has touched my feet before, so I know it isn't that. I think he thinks that it will imasculate him. During my previous pregnancy, he put my socks and shoes on, and tied them, and he showered me after my surgery, so why won't he help me with my toes? Why won't he give me back rubs?

Does your husband help you with things you need help with???

mistical_me

Asked by mistical_me at 8:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• no im always telling my husband he doesnt help me enough while pregnant lol. he tells me i shouldnt have gotten pregnant then funny because we planned both pregnancy lol. My husbands good about cleaning the bathroom for me while im pregnant and hes good about helping with laundry since im short and huge now its hard for me to get the laundry out of the wash. But when it comes to rubby my back or feet forget it.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I guess he does.. i dont know im the type of person that i like to do things myself cuz he doesnt do it the way i want him to.. lol.. but if i ask him to give me a massage or something like that he wont do it.. its like a big bother to him.. we have been together for 7 years but only been married for about 1 1/2 years
    knm51504

Answer by knm51504 at 8:31 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My husband was very hands off as well
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• JUST WAIT A WHILE AND ASK HIM ABOUT MAKING YOU A SPECIAL SPA MASSAGE OR FOOT MASSAGE BY AN APPOINTMENT. PROMISE TO HIM YOU WILL MAKE THE SAY TO HIM HAS SOON AS POSSIBLE. ABOUT THE NAIL POLISH DO IT WITH A FRIEND AND DONT FORGET HAIR HANDS AND GIRLS FACIAL. IF WANT MORE TIP GO TO BEAUTICONTROL.COM O MORE RESEARCH ON YOUR AREAS. LUCK.
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 8:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• my husband did absolutely none of the things you mentioned lol. he wouldn't even go downstairs to make me some tea lol. he did shower me one time after i had our first child. i had severe pre-eclampsia and was on bed rest for about a month before delivery (hospital bedrest for the last week.....no getting up at all!). once my blood pressure went below siezure point and i was allowed off of the mag drip then they said i could shower only if someone helped me. either a nurse or my loving husband. so i was stupid and chose my husband. he made me feel like crap by telling me i looked disgusting, etc. like it was my fault i accumulated fluid to the point where i almost died. ugh don't get me started lol.
    but anyway, i would just get the nailpolish remover pads, then put it on a rag on the floor and rub my toenails on that. i don't ask for help anymore lol. pointless anyway
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My husband didn't do a lot for me either when I was pregnant, I started wearing slip on shoes when I could because I couldn't tie my shoes anymore. With our first one he did more after I had the baby for the first few weeks until I could get up and walk better.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2011