Help scabies?? Eww! LOL

Well I am so embarressed to have to post this but we have gotten scabies. This is so gross and I cannot believe that my children and hubs, I have this. The doc said we either got it from the stray pup that we took in right b4 thanksgiving or we think we might have gotten it from our BIL's ex girlfriend cause she had a rash while living with us around the same time. But i have told her that we have it and she needs to tell her Ob (cause she is around 23wks preg) but she said she has had it a few times and she doesnt think that is what she has. LOL

So I really need some help the cream/lotion the doc gave us has helped everyone but my 22mth old. She seems to have gotten more of the bumps on her legs. And she ended up scratching her leg and making it bleed earlier today. So I gave her some benadryl cause that is what the info I got online said to give to ease the itching.

I found that it says you can use Tea Tree Oil and it is one of the best known home remedies for it. Has anyone used this? And should I delute it in a spray bottle with water or put it in bath? I dont want to put it straight on cause some of the scabs she scratched off the one spot on her leg. Thanks so much for any help!

mom2wy

Asked by mom2wy at 8:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Health

• It will sting like hell, but put it straight on with a q-tip. It also kills lice, just an FYI. Every time my sister visits we wind up having to treat everyone for head lice. UGH!
    You do NOT want her to get it in her eyes, so make sure she is wearing pants until it soaks in... Like I said, it does hurt, but it WORKS and very quickly too. When I volunteered with a couple of animal rescues, it was something we saw a lot of. People don't realize that animals can spread it, not just humans.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 8:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• So the tea tree oil is ok to use? There is so much conflicting info online. I have even read a few that say that scabies is another name for bed bugs. But they are totally different things?? LOL Thanks for the reply! I really didnt want to post but am worried about my lil one and the docs really arent much help!
    mom2wy

Comment by mom2wy (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• good luck, the tea tree oil does work. but it does sting.There is to much bad info online.
    deesam

Answer by deesam at 12:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2011