What can I feed my one year old, who just started eating table food?

I don't usually cook for myself and my little girl just started eating table food. She eats during the day at daycare and when I pick her up and get home it's usually about six in the evening. What can I make her that isn't to heavy for her or give her an upset stomach?

ezperanzai

Asked by ezperanzai at 8:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Anything from Chef Boyardee is a good one. Mac and Cheese is also a toddlers favorite.
    bobbietrayer

Answer by bobbietrayer at 8:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i always gave my kids pastina in chicken broth.. or orzo cuz its a little more filling and might hold her over longer
    knm51504

Answer by knm51504 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• well noodles are always great and easy, rice is a hit for my daughter, and steamed veggies. usually i give her the meats for lunch and do pasta or rice and veggies for dinner.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Mac and cheese was and still is a favorite with mine, by the time my kids were that age they were eating a mashed up version of whatever we had for dinner as long as it wasn't too spicy or hard to chew or anything.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Thank you for your suggestions. It helps to know what options are out there. It helps me think of other ideas.
    ezperanzai

Comment by ezperanzai (original poster) at 3:11 PM on Jan. 22, 2011