Fiance's parents

Our wedding is March 12th and I still don't know if they will even be comming. They don't like me, they are Asian and they wanted their son to marry and Asian girl, I am white and I have a child. There are other small things but that is the main part. My fiance' has called his mom about the wedding, she said she doesn't know, she told him to ask his dad but last time he called his dad, his dad hung up on him. He says that we should just send them and invite and they can come it they want but as regular guest, no special "parents of the groom treatment" (like the front row reserved for them, groom's parents table). I understand his frustration but I don't want him to ruin his relationship with his parents forever. Should I just go along with his wishes? If not what should I do, neither parent will take my calls. I would love any advise.

JLS2388

Asked by JLS2388 at 8:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Be patient, patient, patient. Try very hard not to take this personally. Let your husband do what he needs to do and you support him in any way he need. They'll come around eventually, even if they don't come to the wedding.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I agree with your husband. Nothing he does is going to make them happy.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• time
    zebbiebug

Answer by zebbiebug at 8:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• He knows his parents better, just follow his suggestion.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 8:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Don 't force it. Be happy if they go.

They sound like they are old fashioned, that may never change, all you can do is show them respect for their believes.

And make their son very happy! Good Luck

gammie

Answer by gammie at 8:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• yeah i would do what hes comfortable with. sorry youre going through this!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 8:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Invite them cordially. Make arrangements for them to have their own parents' seats at the ceremony and table. If they don't come, then you can spread people out. If they do come then they'll be pleased to be treated so specially and with such honor, but if you haven't made arrangements and they come, then they'll be hurt and insulted.

Answer by Bmat at 8:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• just send them an invitation, if they show up great, if not that is too bad ! it is their damn problem. they are very disrespectful to both you and their son. the least they could do is show up to this wedding ;; FOR THEIR SON. btw;; your hubby is not the one who will ruin the relationship with his parents, they will ruin their relationship with their son.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2011