can an animal sense if you have a special needs child?

my son has adhd and is constantly handling our 4month old kitten and i'm afraid one of these days the kitten will really bite or scratch him, so far the kitten seems to be putting up with it.

mom2matt2

Asked by mom2matt2 at 8:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• well i think they can sense it but usually it makes them more patient, not mean toward the kid. that's my experience anyway. it also depends on the animal's temperment.....some animals will just avoid them lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I dont think kittens sense that...I think the kitten probably is just scared b/c he is being handled a lot. Some kittens like being played with others dont.

I think SOME adult dogs can sense things....and maybe every once in a while an older cat....but other than that...no.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 8:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I know there are animals trained to help special needs children and they can detect when certain conditions will arise (like when someone is about to have a seizure), but I don't know if it's something that comes naturally or if they have to be trained to be attuned to it, kwim?
    thatgirl70

Answer by thatgirl70 at 8:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2011