Racist adult content

Do you think that word is thrown around way to much? People scream racism over any little thing.
"You didn't vote for a colored (by that I mean black, Asian, Hispanic) President/senator/mayor/etc. You are racist!"
"You ask a general question about another minority! You are racist!"
"You won't date outside your race? You are racist"

I was recently called the the last one because I wouldn't go out with a black fellow I met at the bar with some friends. He asked me out and I said, no. I just wasn't simply attracted to him. I have never been attracted to blacks. Now if a man does come around and his black and I find him attracted yeah I'll go out with him.
I am really tired of seeing this word thrown around so much. Do some people seriously don't know what it means?
I am posting anonymous because we all know I will get bashed for this question by a few people, it's not because I'm a "coward".

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I got called racist for firing "the black girl". "the black girl" was actually terminated because she had various customer complaints, write ups for conduct, dress code, and showing up late and leaving early. I would terminate ANYONE who did that. But the race card got pulled.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• ABSOLUTELY!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Really newbie? Deep down we know? LMFAO! Spare me.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Yes, it is thrown around way too much. I realize sometimes it is a true thing, but the situation you described, they were way out of line to have called you that. If anything HE is the racist for thinking that! Sorry it happened to you. You deserve better.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Yep. It gets pulled out there alot.
    sunsetbeach81

Answer by sunsetbeach81 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Oh yeah.... It's been thrown around WAY to much. I've been called racist for not dating a black as well. I ignore it because I know I'm not. I dislike certain people not certain race.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I agree with that musicmom80!
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Lol I got called racist because I asked a question about an issue in the black community once :) seriously, if I was to scream "racism"at every single hispanic/ mexican question I've been asked (from why don't you speak Enlish to why do you eat beans and rice with everything), I'd think every race was against me lol..sometimes we just get curious about why a certain group of people do certain things, or why they do things a certain way, nothing wrong with that :)
    Raccoon

Answer by Raccoon at 9:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• The situation you described is not racism, it's simply dating someone you are attracted to (usually what you are used to growing up...I believe). However, you must admit although most people do not exhibit overt racism, it's there. I'll give you a scenario, you are walking to your car, it's getting dark, a man approaches you, he's dressed casually, T-shirt and Jeans. Do you think most people's reaction would be exactly the same if it's a black vs. white man?
    Olivia4116

Answer by Olivia4116 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• The word is way overused and the word has lost much of it's meaning because of the way it's used.  JMO

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2011