Im new to cafemom. Im quite surprised that some of the women on here seem a little unkind. Isnt this a place where women come together and make new friendships? Am I too sensitive? Do alot of you make good friends on this site? I guess i just need to learn what to post and not post,huh? Are some subjects more touchy than others?Help for a newbie..

Sheilas123

Asked by Sheilas123 at 8:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in About CafeMom

• Avoid debates of any kind if you are touchy.
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 8:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Yes you have to have thick skin if you hang in the answer section. Some moms will bash over any little thing. You just got to ignore them and only listen to the moms who are really trying to help.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 8:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• you're surprised that some women are unkind and catty? really? honestly? i have made a very good friend on here, but i didn't expect everyone to be kind, etc. i think of this just like real life. you will find people that you love, people that you tolerate and people that rub you the wrong way. i am not sure how being online would make everyone nice all of a sudden lol. maybe i'm too logical?
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Well, what did you post? Some people have strong feelings. And just avoid sensetive subjects if you don't want others to disagree or get upset. Yes, some people are rude, but others just don't sugar coat stuff. The net is huge, which means different people with different realities. It's something you learn to accept the longer you are on here.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I agree, avoid any kind of debates if you don't like drama. Not all the mom's on here are unkind I have met some amazing women on here.
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• when you throw a million (i dont know exactly how many members there are on this site probably a lot more) women together behind a computer screen things will probably get rough ;)

i agree with mommy of two, you need thick skin. there will always be someone who doesnt agree with you
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 9:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• you will find that not all mom's on here are happy-go-lucky lol. Some are rude, some are polite, but I will tell you, you might just find some of the best people you will ever meet on here. I have met a couple, who have helped me get through day to day. Without them I probably would still be crying the blues. Avoid debates, and if you need to post a risky question, make urself anon lol!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 9:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Yes, most debates get pretty heated. However, I met my 2 best friends in the world on here. Love them dearly, and it feels like I've known them all my life.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I was kinda scared to read the comments I got on this one,lol! Thank's ladies for being kind. Im looking forward to meeting lots of great women :)) I like the one ...when you put millions of women behind a computer screen,lol..THAT IS FUNNY AND SOOOOOO TRUE!
    Sheilas123

Comment by Sheilas123 (original poster) at 9:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I always try to stay away from political and religious questions.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2011