Do you have sleep apnea? Has using a Sleep Apnea machine helped you?

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 9:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Health

• DH, FIL, and DD all did - surgery was what helped them (tonsils & adenoids out for all, sinus stuff for DH & FIL along with it).
    Anonymous

• i have just been diagnosed with sleep apnea. severe! i moved to a different state and they wont honor the other states prescription for the CPAP machine. i would have to go through all the test again. so i dont know how it helps long term, but in the hospital it sure did.
    Dianakk

Answer by Dianakk at 10:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I have sleep apnea and am on the machine and I seriously hate it, I dont think it works the best and its invasive and annoying and i have to have it the rest of my life or until my insurance changes its mind it doesnt think the surgery is needed because im on the machine im so mad about it i am only 22 and dont want to be on the machine for the rest of my life i think it should be my choice how i handle the sleep apnea and i dont like the machine so i should be able to have the surgery. also if you dont do anything to correct it, it can lead to early heart failure...gl
    NessGuinness

Answer by NessGuinness at 11:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My spouse has sleep apnea, and has been using a cpap machine for more than ten years. It has probably saved his life

Answer by rkoloms at 6:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2011