If money was no object, Would you pay $500 for a supposedly Akc reg. Boxer puppy?

By the way I am not saying I would. This person who is selling his boxer puppies, is full of it because I am pretty sure they are not full blooded, but he is passing them off as they are. Also he can't provide the AKC reg, papers.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pets

• i would pay the 500 bucks and adopt a cute puppy from a shelter. after the adoption fee they would have a nice donation and i would have a nice puppy
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• That is too much to pay for a dog. IMO.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I got a pedigree boxer puppy, who is now a gorgeous dog, for 375. That price is too high! Anyway buying from breeders isn't good anyway you should go to a boxer rescue. Never buy from pet shops their dogs come from puppy mills and usually have genetic and behavioral defects.
    kellbell09

Answer by kellbell09 at 9:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• in a heartbeat.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 9:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I've paid 500 bucks for a dog before. I wouldn't do it again.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 9:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I wouldn't pay large amounts of money for a dog unless it were from a reputable breeder.
    MrsMWF

Answer by MrsMWF at 9:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Here's a few listings. Some are over $1000!
    http://www.nextdaypets.com/directory/dogs/sale/1100050/
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• We paid a lot more for our first one and around $550 for our second Boxer. I love Boxers. However, I would never again. Told my husband, and he agrees, we will adopt from a Boxer rescue group and likely rescue older dogs that have a harder time getting adopted, give them a great few years and help them on to their next journey.
    amybaby_19

Answer by amybaby_19 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• If he wasn't registered then no, I wouldn't. If the breeder can't produce the papers then he's lying and is in it for the money.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 9:03 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Die4Jesus, are you aware that what you are doing is illegal? It is illegal to charge different prices for different coloured dogs especially if they are registered. You are the type of "breeder" that people work to help others avoid.
    Acid

Answer by Acid at 12:28 PM on Jan. 20, 2011