What do you feed your dog to make its coat shine?

WalknWithGod

Asked by WalknWithGod at 9:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pets

• Mix a little safflower oil in his/her food.
    Aquarius80

Answer by Aquarius80 at 9:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Avoid cheap food. If the first ingredents are corn or grains skip it.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i feed my dogs premium edge and i find that it is the best dog food ever. it has absoutly no fillers and is chaulked full of meat fruits and veggies along with all the vitamins and nutrients they need. also you can give them some fish oil if they have dry skin. but other than the dog food my dong dont eat anything else and their coats are shiny and smooth.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I feed mine Taste of the Wild.
    CollinBayleeMom

Answer by CollinBayleeMom at 9:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Not sure about what I feed him, but the Groomer does that with the hot oil treatments he gets. LOL! I wish they could do something about the farting issue though....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• raw eggs once a week
    mysilentmorning

Answer by mysilentmorning at 9:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• mavi, you know my dogs had really bad gas and i mean clean the whole room out gas until i switched to the premium edge and now they rarely fart or if they do i dont smell it it was such a relief. also my dogs usually get really bad diarreah when i switch food but when i switched them to this they had no digestive problems with it.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I breed Siberian huskies and once a week I pressure cook a whole chicken until the bones are mush and I mix it with their dog food they love it and it makes their coats shinny

Die4Jesus

Answer by Die4Jesus at 9:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• a raw egg once in a while, either a la carte or beaten into dry dog food. i have lived by this for years and it works.
    indysownlilbit

Answer by indysownlilbit at 9:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I worked at a Pet store for over 2 years and Its really all about the food. You want to make sure that you're feeding a good quality of food. I personally feed Royal Canin and my dog's coat is amazing. Also only bathe your dog once a month at most. When you over bathe you remove the necessary oils from the coat. Also eggs are great for a dog's coat as well!!!
    XaviersMama311

Answer by XaviersMama311 at 11:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2011