• In the Spotlight:

Anyone NOT getting a tree who usually does?

We usually do every year, but this year I don't feel like spending the money to buy the tree we'll put up all our other decorations up, but we don't even spend Christmas day at home so...anyone else not buying one?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:56 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in Just for Fun

• We always have had a tree but our old false one broke a branch. The year after that we bought a real one. Now its been two years since we had one. The false tree in the attic is the way to go! If you want to leave decor up...thats easy and you only pay once. Leave it up days or weeks before you leave to get people thinking xmas time!
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 4:01 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• We used to get one when I was a kid...but I'm having a baby around Christmas next month, my mom is having major back surgery on the 21st this month, plus my boyfriend and I don't have any room in our room to put up a tree. We're living with my mom and stepdad right now (much to our dismay, bleh). If anything, we MIGHT get a little tabletop tree, but nothing too extravagant this year.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 4:05 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• We don't get one anymore. I got tired of the mess and dragging it in and setting it up and taking it out and having to water it. Now we just string a few lights on a large plant that we have and put a couple decorations on it. Much simpler and cheaper and not much to store.

Answer by Bmat at 4:09 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I sware its the economy for me...even the $30 for a tree I DO NOT want to dish out! I am so grumpy lol
    Anonymous

• my son and his Fiance put up this little two foot tree (artificial) on an end table..their apartment was so small they had literally no room. It gave them the feel without the cost and clutter
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:14 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• My children have never had a tree. We can't afford to get one and everyone has allerigies. Getting an artifical isn't practical because they cost over 100.
    MorRighAnu

Answer by MorRighAnu at 4:30 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I have an artifical tree that i put up. i wanted 2 buy i real one but with pine needles and my daughter!!!! Plus there expensive
    butterscotch297

Answer by butterscotch297 at 4:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I'm not going to bother putting up a tree(I have a fake one) cause the cats and the kids will just knock it down. My cats like to sleep in it!
    ICPclwnLOV

Answer by ICPclwnLOV at 8:34 PM on Nov. 13, 2008