Finger nails.....

My finger nails always peel and break, what does everyone suggest to keep them strong?

NickiSue

Asked by NickiSue at 9:06 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• DONT GET ACRYLIC!!!

It will ruin your natural nails even more!! OPI makes a great nail health product called OPI Nail Envy.
    Another thing that I have tried that worked was a product sally hansen had that was a base for nail polish with acrylic gel in it. It helped to harden the surface ... didn't help with the health of my nails like OPI nail envy. I liked it though over full acrylics because I could remove it at anytime with remover & it didn't damage my nails.

Also, start giving yourself a mani once a week. There are plenty of videos on Youtube on how to give yourself a salon mani at home for cheap. If you are not up for that go to the local beauty school. At my local beauty school a mani is $8 & the girls are usually fun to talk to & appreciative for the help.
    CayShek

Answer by CayShek at 9:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Have you tried any vitamins?
    tiddliwinks

Answer by tiddliwinks at 9:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Are you up for acrylic? I just get acrylic applied to my natural nail. The polish stays on longer and it always looks good!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• prenatal vitamins works wonders
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i love acrylic. I keep them sort of short and pink french. love it.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 1:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I haven't tried taking any vitamins.....it couldn' t hurt though lol. And I am not sure about the acrylic, I do alot of my own nail art so I am constantly painting and removing finger nail polish.
    NickiSue

Comment by NickiSue (original poster) at 9:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I heard about vitamins and I know prenatal vitamins work. Mine do the same thing so I'm going to do the prenatal vitamins
    kim0167

Answer by kim0167 at 2:07 PM on Jan. 20, 2011