Deciding to have a second child

I have been undecided whether I would like to have a second child for a while now. I always flip flop back and forth. I have a son that is almost 4 and my husband and I have been together over 5 years. He is military so we have the ability to support and love another child. I love my life right now and I am just not sure how that would change it. Sometimes I look at my son and wonder how when I love him so much I could possibly have enough love for another one. So I was wondering ladies what made you decide to have a second or third or fourth or even more kids?

NickiSue

Asked by NickiSue at 9:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• I have always regretted not having another child. But due to medical problems it became impossible for me to have another. I think that in your heart, you will have the love you know you need. I have so many niece's and nephew's that I can spoil and send home. I stll find myself wanting another baby, and think I allways will but I think in the bottom of it all, you just know that your heart is big enough for everyone.
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 8:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• my kids were a bit closer together (they are 2.5 years apart) but i wanted another before my husband felt like he was too old for more and also wanted a playmate or companion of sorts for my oldest. but most of all i wanted to feel another baby growing inside of me and i wanted the opportunity to bf again and hold another baby in my arms. i always knew i wanted two kids it was just a matter of when the time was right to do it. and a week after i got my iud out we were pregant. (we didnt expect to get pregant that fast) but we were overjoyed to find out.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:22 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i did ask myself the same question, i might add, about if i could love another one just as much but once you have that little one growing in your belly then finally hold it theres not a single doubt in your mind.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:23 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I had my 2nd 2 mos before dd turned 2. TOTALLY WORTH IT!! The love is the same.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 9:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i always wanted atleast 2 kids (i got it a boy and girl) they're 3 years apart and the love is the same...it's wonderful :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:49 PM on Jan. 19, 2011