Terrible 2's

Just curious as to how everyone handles the "Terrible 2's". The little guy who NEVER gave me any problems has just turned 2 and is now definitely making up for lost time. He throws tantrums, says "no" to me, shakes his finger at me and gets into everything possible. When I get after him he just gets worse. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• im in the same position that you are in with my daughter
    emmy23404

Answer by emmy23404 at 9:30 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• same thing here. My son never cried, yelled, or anything until now. We just ignore temper tantrums and do a firm time out when he throws stuff and hits. We also give him two chances to do something hehas been told to do or he gets a time out. Good Luck.
    usdragonflies

Answer by usdragonflies at 9:32 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• my daughter was never like this either til she turned 2 nd its getting worse now that she guna be 3 this year
    emmy23404

Answer by emmy23404 at 9:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• When mine goes into melt down mode I send her to her room until she calms down and then she can come out. We have moved from the terrible 2's to something much much worse. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 9:33 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• when my daughter does something bad i sit on her bed with no toys or anything til she calms down its like a time out for her it works most of the time theres days where she will just stay crying nd try to get off but i tell her she will stay longer if she gets up
    emmy23404

Answer by emmy23404 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I know exactly how you feel, my son is almost 5 and I think he is starting to get out of that stage a bit but my daughter is 3 and is just getting started, sigh. Ignore him or send him to his room when he starts up and you need to let him know now that telling you no is not ok or it will only get worse. It will seem like you are just repeating yourself for no reason but it will help in the long run. Good luck !!
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 9:38 PM on Jan. 19, 2011