Are your kids going stir crazy this winter?

My kids are going nuts lately! The older 2 (ages 11 and 10) are fighting all the time and my youngest (2) picks up on their cues and is going kind of nuts too! Snow days are my mortal enemy! How are you coping with snow days?

Christy_517

Asked by Christy_517 at 9:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in General Parenting

• yep.. im going stir crazy too. i hate the winter.
    we just try and go places as often as possible. i work at dave and busters so we go there alot.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:35 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Yes, and so am I!!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Yes, mine too. It's sub zero weather and everyone is bitchy around me, not just the kids. LOL
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:37 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• yes! but i think we all have cabin fever right now. my two kids are getting into everything. but we also deal with snow for almost 6 to 7 months out of the year. so everyday at least once a day but most times twice i bundle them up in their snowpants and boots and we all go outside to shovel snow and to play with our dogs. lol i think even the dogs get tired of the snow by the end of winter.
    laura970

Answer by laura970 at 9:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Thankfully no! We live in California so no snow in days! I came from MN so I know all about those!
    MelisaVaughan

Answer by MelisaVaughan at 9:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Yes and they are making me crazy!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Think positive. Spring will be here before we know it. I know, doesn't help any right now though does it?
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• we have been baking and doing puzzles. Anything to keep them occupied, games work wonders too.
    parajumper3

Answer by parajumper3 at 10:29 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My DS and I are both going nuts I think. I was actually talking to a GF of mine earlier and her and her 2 kids are going crazy as well. Winter is definitely the hardest time of the year for us here in WI. We can't take the kids outside to burn off energy and there's only so much to do with younger kids in the house. Like I told my GF...the blessed groundhog better not even THINK about seeing it's shadow this year!!!!!
    XaviersMama311

Answer by XaviersMama311 at 12:21 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yes, we are going crazy here all the way in "Hick"ville. LOL I think that its just a matter of time before we can get outside and play. Us parents too!
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 8:49 PM on Jan. 20, 2011