I gave a TRUTHFUL anonymous answer to a near death experience. Someone voted me down and I lost points??

I don't care about the points of course but I answered that question anonymously because it was a strange experience. Now everyone can look at my profile and see who it was. It's stupid that I can't answer a quesiton anonymously and remain anonymous! What's the point of having the anonymous button then?

Also, I did not bash, cuss or anything like that. It was just an abnormal experience that most people wouldn't believe. It was true but I didn't see God, like others claim too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in About CafeMom

• There are some people who will just vote down Anon answers, probably without even reading. It's stupid, but there are serious anon haters here. I'll vote anyone being bitchy down, whether they're anon or not. I'm sorry some jerk did that, though.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 10:03 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Anything that happens while you're anon (getting best answer, losing points, deleting a question, etc) is visible to YOU on your page, but not anyone else. Just like if someone asks an anon question and you look at their page, you won't see any activity related to that question on their page, but they will.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• NP a friend of mine can see it so it is public information.

Ask CM using the Contact Us link at the bottom then, because it shouldn't be visible to anyone but you and admins.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 10:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Some people just vote down simply because you posted anon. I don't think that's fair. An answer is and answer.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Some people will just vote anyone down for posting anonymous. Even if that answer matched everyone else, they will be the only one with a vote down.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• ~*Wow*~... I would hate to have other decide to vote me down... doesn't that create a way for people to harrass members they don't like or mean chicks to gang up and harrass? And I've seen some down right mean people on CM too
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 9:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I was also wondering what was the point of having an anon. button. If it can be seen on your profile page. WTH.
    Anonymous

• I've seen it done and it's not right. Some individual really have a strong emotional hate for anon's. How sad. =[

musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 9:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Some people thrive off of seeing that little thumbs down sign under a person's response, knowing they are the one who gave the vote down. It's pathetic, really.
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 12:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I already asked this question, and they answered it for me. No one can see who posted anon.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:16 PM on Jan. 19, 2011