Any mom's work from home?

I'm interested in doing some work from home, really need something to help supplement the income and need something flexible. I was wondering if anyone already works from home and can offer some suggestions on how to get started. There are so many scams on the internet, I'm not quite sure where to begin. Any help is greatly appreciated.

kkms7896

Asked by kkms7896 at 9:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Money & Work

• I blog about work at home ideas and opportunities.  You're welcome to read my Blog if you'd like at Mavi's Home Work.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 10:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• There are some real Legitimate work from home opportunities out there, but the problem is actually finding ones that work and ones that work for you. I am a stay at home and work at home mom with 3 children. I have also tried 3 opportunities to work from home and they have failed and I did lose some money. I also have found one that has worked for me and it isn't a get rich quick scam. It's something that I work at part time on the internet and its the only one I have found that works. If you are interested at all visit www.AchievingBigDreams.com or you can email me directly at ryan_krista@hotmail.com I can personally contact you whenever a good time for you is if you have any questions.
    KristaSteele

Answer by KristaSteele at 10:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Looking for a job is a full time job, and sometimes you need to be creative and design your own job.
    Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely?
    You can search for jobs that match you skill set and have a telecommute option.
    If you have a computer with high speed internet & Microsoft Office Pro & have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). For more information, go to www.ivaa.org, www.iavoa.com, www.vanetworking.com ..
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who makes children's hair accessories in her basement & sells them to boutiques around the Midwest. My husband runs a handyman business from our home. I work from home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping & business organization (along with medical billing), I also do career and job search coaching.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:09 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I have a home based business. I sell candles(and other products) from Mia Bella's. I've been doing this for more than 3 years now and love. There are start up costs but they are low and you can earn back what money you spend by selling the products you get. You can message me if you'd like to know more. Good luck! Becky
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 7:41 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I sell on ebay. When I'm consistant I do well, roughly $120-$150 in profit a week. And that only takes maybe 8 hours of work. Direct Selling companies like the above mia bella, avon or any number of them CAN do well for some, but the majority of those that join companies make little money. That's the only problem with direct sales, there is no guarantee you'll earn a wage worthy of the hours you put in. But this is true of any business. Now actual "jobs" are not as easy to find as you think, some things out there like ChaCha, pay very little, someone I know who did chacha earned $6 a month for a lot of work, it's not worth it.

I sell used kids and ladies clothing on ebay, sometimes toys or collectibles as well. I get my inventory from thrift stores and yard sales. And if you know how to list properly and start at a price where you make money it can do very well, but it too can be a gamble.
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I'm not sure what you are looking for, but I have my own business w/ Gold Canyon Candles. I have had great success w/ this and am currently helping others who want to join start for free. Msg me if you would like to hear more.
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 10:47 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I work from home and I love it! I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 22 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com

Get to know our team on Facebook: www.LikeInternetCEOMoms.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 10:56 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I work from home in my spare time as a Juice Rep. I make good money by helping people live healthier lives. I have been with the company for a year and a half and it allows me to work around my family's schedule while bringing in extra income.
    This company has been around since 1970, competely legit.
    Please feel free to contact me if you would like more info.
    www.welovejuiceplus.com - product info
    www.juiceplusvirtualfranchise - biz info
    wellnessgirl

Answer by wellnessgirl at 1:09 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• washing dishesDon't all moms work from home.

peace013

Answer by peace013 at 1:15 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• My husband and I started our own company.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2011