So, what was the deal with the DIY Home Gastric Bypass Surgery Kit that was for sale on Amazon?

The news is going to have it on tonight, but all I can find is stuff stating Amazon has now taken it off their site. Does anyone have any details?

http://www.seattlepi.com/local/433600_amazon.html

m-avi

Asked by m-avi at 9:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Totally off topic, but tonight I saw a DNA Paternity test kit at Big Lots.................my husband and I were like "What?" TOO FUNNY! Big Lots is going to put Maury Povich out of a job!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I don't know. This is the first I have heard about it. What is the deal with Amazon? They were the one selling the How to be a Pedophile book.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 9:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I think it's someone idea of a joke. I hope it gets taken off, it is not safe to do that procedure yourself.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Home Gastric Bypass Surgery Kit and How To Be A Pedophile Book! WOW .. they need to start watching what goes on that site!
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 9:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Maybe that's where I should market my "Why Pay Someone for a Lobotomy When You Can Do It Yourself for Free!" Book and Kit.

By the way--I'm not taking any orders yet.  I'm having a hard time finding anyone willing to try it out for me, and I want to perfect it before I market it.  I must know too many smart people. . .

jsbenkert

Answer by jsbenkert at 9:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Wow, aside from Amazon....who is stupid enough to do their own gastric bypass? LOL reminds me of an episode of 1000 ways to die where a guy tried to give himself liposuction with the vacuum and sucked out his intestines. He died, obviously.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 9:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• omg
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 1:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• This was funny too.  Apparently it popped up for sale on Monday and has now been taken down.  I've been Googling it and there are some funny reviews!  http://www.meltingmama.net/wls/2011/01/do-it-yourself-bariatric-surgery-gastric-bypass-kit-on-amazon.html

m-avi

Comment by m-avi (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Jan. 19, 2011