Do you think your husband should cater to your every wim while you are pregnant?

worriedmommy600

Asked by worriedmommy600 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• No
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 9:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Only if I am on bed rest :)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• No! If I was put on bed rest in the last bit then of course he would have to take over more of the responsibilities but just because I would be pregnant doesn't give me a reason to treat the man I love like a servant.
    TaraK.

Answer by TaraK. at 9:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Love the answers so far! I hear so many women getting upset because their husbands wont do silly things for them that they are fully capable of doing. Pregnancy is NOT a handicap..though bedrest is a different story and he would have to take on more responsibility while I was down.
    worriedmommy600

Comment by worriedmommy600 (original poster) at 9:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• No. Pregnancy isn't debilitating. He should help though.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• no i dont like being catered to. it makes me feel lazy, but he does do a alot for me without me asking.
    mommy2be0611

Answer by mommy2be0611 at 9:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• No way. Pregnancy doesn't = handicapped. I'd feel like a useless turd if I tried to get him to do everything for me.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 10:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Well my marriage is different. When I was pregnant he had to give me sex and take me out for a milkl shake every week. Or else!

I think its important that the man honors what the woman is doing for the family. Pampering yes, slaving no.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• No...I think it's ridiculous that people feel they are handicapped when they are pregnant and think the world should drop everything for them. My hubby only catered if I got really annoying and wanted something at like 2 am or something. Even then he was mad but I also repaid the favors.
    Armywife529

Answer by Armywife529 at 10:21 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• oh my no...with my first baby i was working 40 plus hours a week then came home and cooked, i painted her room by myself and put the crib together and everything, my my second i was a sahm but i still took care of my dd and painted and decorated the baby's room alone and moved our queen sized bed to another room with no help lol
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2011