How do you tame a baby iguana?

I bought a baby iguana and i want him to be a real pet and friend. I can hold him but if i loosen up he runs away. any suggestions? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pets

• Give him time to mature and let him know it's a safe environment. Most iguana's are very friendly and love to be pet. I used to have a ton (my dad was a science teacher and he acquired them at an alarming rate). We only had one that was mean.
    mrs.coop

Answer by mrs.coop at 9:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Regular handling helps. Some are just more wiggly than others as well. My son's iguana, Wolverine, was like that as a hatchling and is now 4 feet long and still very much wiggly. He was handled quite a bit too! Putting him in the shower with warm water relaxes them, and they really enjoy it too!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• lots of attention
    gardenchic

Answer by gardenchic at 11:03 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• yea i had one that i held a lot and taught to use the litter box since they don't potty in their space so i set up his perch showed him where to go and he would get down go there and then i would put him in the bath with water and that was awesome cause they run on the water with their back leggs. not to full just like one end the other dry. he was special then my dad let him out when i started givig him more room in the house.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:05 PM on Jan. 20, 2011