Does it seem like every other American Idol audition who got a yes, had some sort of sad story?

I honestly thought some of the yes's were honestly pity votes. We all have some sort of hardship we could showcase. I'm not trying to be insensetive, but it is a competition.

Musicmom80

Asked by Musicmom80 at 9:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Entertainment

• I have no idea, lol. Its on but I'm not paying attention.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 9:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I thought the same thing. It's definitely going to be different this time around. LOL!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It's weird, I noticed a pattern. They would do a violins piece before the person got in there so you already knew they would get a yes. I just watched because I wanted to see what Stevie was gonna do!
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• yes it gets very old. i don't understand why some of these contestants put their personal business out there on national tv... it is a competition NOT Dr. phil.
    gwen20

Answer by gwen20 at 10:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I do like the new season. I do agree .
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 10:11 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Don't they always? I agree that some were pity votes, and it's crap because this is a singing competition! However, let's face it...everyone has a sad story, and that's what I'm sure the camera crew/interview team are told to dig up from the auditioning contestants. It's all about the ratings ultimately...which again is dumb, but that's tv.
    momofbeauty07

Answer by momofbeauty07 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Don't you also realize that 90% of the people who go through are beautiful?
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Oh yeah, my friend Tam auditioned for one season. She said there were people standing in line for hours and producers would just pick someone out that caught there eye, and send them in to audition. SEVERAL people were turned away without an audition.
    Musicmom80

Comment by Musicmom80 (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I thought that, but I only watched for about a half hour. I don't really CARE about everyone's history. I just wanted to hear them sing.
    bookmommy

Answer by bookmommy at 8:20 AM on Jan. 20, 2011