I moved and am alone. I miss my grandchildren and children so much. Any suggestions of ways deal with this.

My dad is 91 yrs old and my stepmom is 80. I moved near them to help them. I had to move out of state and I am used to seeing my daughter and here 3 little boys everyday and my other children, grandchildren, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins, mom and friends. I am way out in the country and have one neighbor that is a nightmare. I signed up for online college yesterday, but i am really worried about not doing well at it. it is graphic design and my computer has dial up. that is all that is available between these two west virginia mountains. I am sad all the time. Please any suggestions would be appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• Skype will be your best friend! Get your family members to get a web cam if they don't already, and get one yourself and skype with each other! It's amazing and keeps families connected!!!
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:07 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Dial up, wow that is really going to slow you up with the graphics. Maybe if you have a public library near by that you can use at time might help.
    musicmom08

Answer by musicmom08 at 10:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Wow, way to be supportive cafe moms!! So sorry you're lonely mama, sounds like a very depressing situation. You are there for a reason. So often, we fail to see the reason why things happen in our lives. Maybe God has given you this time of quiet lonliness so you can seek Him, and He can bless you. I am a firm believer that He wants to be able to bless us so much, but that there are lessons we also have to learn. Maybe there is a lesson you couldn't learn being surrounded and distracted by your family and friends. Can you reach out to a church, a homeless shelter or volunteer organization and meet new people? I think other than really seeking the Lord this would be the best thing, and stay on here. You'll always find some sort of comfort and companionship here. You can PM me if you ever want to, also can your family plan to visit you? That would be cool too. HUGS!!!
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 4:12 PM on Jan. 20, 2011