Gerber Life Grow Up Plan?

Is anyone familiar with this insurance/nest egg?

And is it worth it?

I am thinking about it because it sounds good for in the future for my kids. (moneywise).
Can someone explain to me in plain simple english. Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:58 PM on Nov. 13, 2008 in General Parenting

• I have Globe Life insurance for my kids which is pretty much the same deal. It's $1 for the first month and then your premiums are whatever age bracket they start out in. The price will NEVER go up unless you increase the amount of insurance you want. I have my kids covered for $15,000 each and I pay about $60 a year for each. Not a bad deal if you ask me!

They can use that as supplemental when they're older and have jobs of their own with life insurance. They will still only pay the $60 a year.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:00 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I have it for my son. When he was born the hospital gave me 6 months of it free so i just kept it going. I pnly pay 10 a month and hes two now. The price hasn't changed. I feel it's worth it. Then when they turn 21 the child can decide wether or not to continute it. I am also going to get my unborn child on it when she is born. They also have an adult life insurance policy that i want to check into. I don't know all the details but that's a low rate and it's worth it to me.
    proudmamma9706

Answer by proudmamma9706 at 4:02 PM on Nov. 13, 2008

• I had Globe Life on my own boys..actually still have it on my youngest..at least until he gets married in 10 days. Also have it on my grandchildren we are raising. I think the Gerber plan is pretty much the same. Check out the paper to see who the underwriter is though. Globe Life has a very good history.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 4:10 PM on Nov. 13, 2008