Any good craft idea's?

I was a crafter for years and then I got depression and anxiety issues. I lost interest and stopped everything I used to do. I am trying to pull myself out of it and thought you could help and offer cute or useful craft ideas please. thanks

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 10:05 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I know from personal experience that art is good therapy for depression. At least it was (and still is). I used to check out drawing books from the library and I would work through the books. It gave me such a feeling of satisfaction seeing what I could produce and also finishing the books. Over the last few years I've gotten into making my own cards. Some of them I make with photographs. Like if I have an extra scenery photo I'll just use those stickies to stick to the front of the card. You can get blank cards/envelopes at Michaels for a reasonable price. I also enjoy recycling old Christmas cards. I've made bookmarks and postcards with them. It's alot of fun!
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 12:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Look up how to make quilted christmas balls,but you can use any kind of material to make them They are really simple and just takes a couple of hours.
    coloredribbons

Answer by coloredribbons at 4:29 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• me again,you can get a childs coloring book and some white material,you can purchase a white flat bed sheet,cut out 8by 10sq.trace it on to the material,and use broken stitches.then color the inside,use a hot iron and set the color in ,do a couple and make a small quilt or a throw pillow,for a childs room.,and you can get two nice wash cloths,not cheap ones,a skein of yarn,and a size 0 crocheting hook ,the kind they use to make doillies with ,get a book to rap the yarn around for the frindge,take the crocheting hook put the two wash cloth s together,put a pretty side facing out,take the crocheting hook and push it right below the seem,hook the fringe on the hook and pull it through,do corners frist as this will get it all even.hope these direction s make sence.they are washable and pretty to look at.
    coloredribbons

Answer by coloredribbons at 4:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Thank you all! All very good idea's. My mom has some of the quilted christmas balls and my daughter took a picture so I could figure them out. The quilt idea sound easy and fun. I have to think about the crochet thing. lol I have bought some painting books, but haven't felt like doing any of them. I bought them 5 yrs ago. Think I ever will? :D
    Dianakk

Comment by Dianakk (original poster) at 5:50 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I always just work with pictures! Either a scrapbook or decopage. Fine some pictures that have wonderful memories. That helps pull you out of a depression and think of the good moments that you cherish.
    AlisonAstair

Answer by AlisonAstair at 11:17 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I like to paint cermics then put them in my flowerbeds and around fish pond. like to do acrylics paintings. well, i confess i try. i get alot of drawing lessons from free website lessons. you can learn anything imaginable. i want to do a waterwheel sceneery next.
    diamondsarecool

Answer by diamondsarecool at 10:38 AM on Jan. 24, 2011