does this harm baby?

im 22 weeks pregnant and am very emotional lately. the baby's father wants nothing to do with us, im living with my elderly disabled father, working full time and we are moving in a week--so i have a ton on my plate, which is ok but today things really got to me about how much money this moving to a new place is costing me and having to borrow from everyone and i have spent the whole day crying badly. in my head i know things will be ok but i couldnt get a handle on my emotions. i cryed so hard ive been concerned that i hurt this little girl growing inside me. i dont want to hurt her. people say stress is bad for baby, but hell, what are you supposed to do? you cant control freaking out sometimes! just wondering any of you mommy's opinions or advice-thanks!

dez1379

Asked by dez1379 at 10:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Mommy you are doing what you can. You're right what you are going through is no way stress free. Maybe try to find some stress revilers. Take a hot bath, go for a walk, read a book. You're doing a great job!
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Stress does harm a baby, but what can you do when your emotions get the best of you? I was STRESSED to the MAX w/ my 2nd....ex so cheated on me w/ ''best friend'', we broke up, they dated, he took care of her little girl, blah blah blah, it got so bad i had no appetite, couldnt physically eat, and i was constantly throwing up. BUT i was just upset, and i tried so hard to stay positive..it worked somedays. In the end, i have a perfect healthy 10lb babygirl! I wish u the best, and if u ever need to vent or talk im here, just PM me. i understand what ur going through, its always good to talk to someone who is or went thru the same thing! *hugs*
    knicole0708

Answer by knicole0708 at 10:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• People are right about stress not being good but sometimes life is so overwhelming that all you can do is stress. You should slow down a bit and realize that you are doing your best no matter what anyone tries to tell you. It sounds like you just need your room to vent and that's perfectly fine. CRY....Get it ALL OUT and when your done you'll be able to look at the BIG picture and say were going to be perfectly fine
    Armywife529

Answer by Armywife529 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• if you feel that you are getting to the point where your emotions are out of hand just walk away for a few minutes. take a walk, a nice hot bath, or maybe even a nap. even if the nap is only you laying down in the dark with a warm or cool (which ever you prefer) rag over your eyes. Anything you would normally use to calm you down. your doing the best you can with the cards that you have been dealt and sometimes we can only be human and freak out a little. I dont think it hurts the baby if momma is stressed every now and then throughout the pregnancy but if your severely stressed the whole pregnancy then that can have an effect on the baby.
    Rylansmommy386

Answer by Rylansmommy386 at 10:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• thank you all soooo much for your support and encouragement--it really helped! im an only child so sometimes theres just no one to talk to--i LOVE cafemom!!!! thanks again, i needed all your help tonight :)
    dez1379

Comment by dez1379 (original poster) at 10:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Try yoga it is great for stress, even the deep breathing. Take a walk, listens to soothing music.
    genevieve55

Answer by genevieve55 at 1:02 AM on Jan. 20, 2011