morality clause

I'm getting divorced. We have a beautiful that I have given everything for while he was "too" busy to do anything with. I left, he filed, he found out I started seeing someone. Mind you a year ago I asked for a 6mnth separation he wouldn't give it to me unless I promised to come back. So now he is asking for primary custody. I don't have the funds to fight.....did I mention his family thinks they are the Ewing??? He is slapping me with the morality clause.....I have a voicemail of him bragging that he has it to where I can't do this or that....nothing about the concern for our son. My question is with this clause can I take my son and "friend" out of town for the weekend???

Amber A.

Asked by Amber A. at 10:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Parenting Debate

• If the clause isn't fully in place by the courts you should be fine.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:17 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I wouldn't risk custody over a weekend out. Your gentleman caller needs to understand that your son is more important.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:36 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• There are State funded legal aid centers for low income folks out there in your boat... Don't give up the fight just because money's tight!
    GoodyBrook

Answer by GoodyBrook at 12:48 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Wait until another weekend. Don't make it so he has something else to hold over your head. Priorities, priorities, priorities. get them straight and worry about any other relationships later. Your son should come first and foremost.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 9:04 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Look, it is not all all very bright to be dating while you are going through a divorce and trying to remain the primary parent. Stupid, very stupid. So just don't. I'm going to blunt. It is not meant to be harsh. Any parent who is in the middle of a divorce and decides to date before the divorce is final is disrespectful to thier child. Plain and simple. While men do it all the time - there is a double standard in family court. It is taken as a fact that men need a woman and will date right after but a woman who does this is looked at as a hoe and slut by the judge. Not fair but it is how it is looked at. Your child just lost his family for God's sake. Buck up and concentrate on his needs. That extra time you spend with your boy friend - ditch him. Or the father of your child has a good case. Take the time you would have spent with BF and get an extra job to have the funds to fight in court.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:03 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• And What the Fuck?! You don't have a weekend with a BF and your young child. That is truly trashy parenting. Perhaps no one else is going to be wise enough to tell you the facts. But if you choose to sleep and play house with someone else while still married to your husband - your child should be with the parent who is not doing that. Move one daddy out and this new play thing daddy right on in. No judge in family court is going to look favorably. Oh, and you don't think your soon to be ex won't hire a private detective or have pictures of you, your BF and his son acting like the cozy family? Keep it up and loose your son.

frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 10:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• don't go out of town. If you don't have money for a lawyer you don't have money for a trip. So how long have you been with your SO? How long since you left?
    momof2cuteboys

Answer by momof2cuteboys at 12:56 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I 1000000% agree with frogdawg!!
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:01 PM on Jan. 20, 2011