Friend's Husband's Poetry

I have a friend whose husband writes poetry. He recently opened up a website where he's trying to sell 22 of his poems for $9.99. Personally I find that ridiculous, but whatever...

Anyway, I went to the site and read the poem he has up on the main page and...well, there is no flow at all to it. And, what's worse is there are errors throughout the entire poem. He has "threw" instead of "through" or "too" instead of "to"

I know it would be inappropriate for me to say to my friend that her hubby's poetry really isn't very good, but should I speak up and let them know about the errors? Or just let it go and basically let him look like an uneducated poet?

AllAboutKeeley

Asked by AllAboutKeeley at 10:26 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Relationships

• most of the time I let people know things, but in this case I'd let it go.

you've probably seen lots of post where someone lets the poster know of mistakes like that, and people get really upset.

if people see his poetry and they don't want to pay for it, then they won't. if she asks you what you think, then ask if she wants honesty. If she says yes, then it's her fault.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• hm im not sure about this one, saying something would probably make them defensive... the errors would bother me but i dont think i would bring it up just because i wouldnt want to put anyone on the defensive
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 10:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Is he doing anything to promote the site? Or is it just kind of hanging out there?
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:27 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• feel like posting this guys first name? I know a guy that thought he was poet of the year that sounds a lot like this- probably a lot of them out there though.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I'd let it go. Sooner or later someone else will point it out and then you wont have to!
    JennyJenny529

Answer by JennyJenny529 at 10:48 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• well if your friend is really your friend she will understand just be honest with her & tell her that her husband has few errors on his poetry
    Ricanmami1

Answer by Ricanmami1 at 11:23 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Lovinangels...I'm not sure what all he is doing, but both him and my friend are posting the link to it again and again on Facebook.
    AllAboutKeeley

Comment by AllAboutKeeley (original poster) at 10:28 PM on Jan. 19, 2011