Does your HE washer actually get your clothes clean?

Mine doesn't! Not unless I run every load at least twice on the longest cycle. It takes forever to do laundry! I'm starting to think it would be faster and cleaner to wash everything by hand! Stupid washer!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Home & Garden

• I love mine. I have a Maytag Neptune, and have had it for 7 years. The clothes come out great, and because there's no agitator I don't have tangled or snagged items anymore. What I really love is the front loading doors. I'm 5'2", and I had a terrible time reaching things in the bottom of my old top loading washer. We did have some problems with the rubber seals on the door, but beyond that, I couldn't be happier.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 10:39 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Something is wrong with your machine. My Mom and sister both have them and when I've used them they blow my maytag away. Is it still under warranty? Regardless I would be calling a service provider.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Mine does and I love it as well. It does help with the doors being on the front because I'm short too :)
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 10:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Mine gets my clothes clean & it is about 6 years old, so not a newer model. If your's isn't working, you need to get it looked at - this isn't normal.
    sweetpotato418

Answer by sweetpotato418 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Mine gets the clothes clean. Sometimes it gets a funky smell from the rubber on the door... when that happens I run an empty load with bleach and hot water and it takes care of it. Also, try using a cup of white vinegar in with the wash cycle... works great!
    PeachyApple

Answer by PeachyApple at 11:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I have an LG and I love it. You might need to repair your machine.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:08 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My LG is a great machine.  It cleans better than the machine I had previously.

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_02645112000P?prdNo=9&blockNo=9&blockType=L9

Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:34 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Mine is a Maytag. I bought it at Lowe's the beginning of December. After a week or so I decided it wasn't working very week so I called to get an appointment to get it fixed since it has a warranty. 3 weeks later a repair guy finally showed up and told me that he doesn't know how to fix it. He thinks he has to order a part but it will take another 3 weeks to get the part in and he's not even sure what the part is called or how he will fix it. I won't buy Maytag or HE again.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:06 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Yes, and I love it.
    MyGiftsFromGod

Answer by MyGiftsFromGod at 2:17 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I have a Samsung and I love it. The clothes come out really clean. I had a Maytag set before this, and I hated it!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:38 PM on Jan. 20, 2011