how can i get my kids to go to bed faster adult content

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:45 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• do you have a routine? after they eat dinner, do baths and let them have some quiet time until you're ready to take them to bed then brush teeth read a story and lights out :)
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• yes i do besides on the weekends
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Why don't you make it a contest and see who can get to bed earlier? Who knows, they may like it better if you make a game out of it.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 1:14 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I'd go with a routine, and then let them read in bed or play quietly in bed with a toy, as long as they don't get out. That's what I did with my son..
    bookmommy

Answer by bookmommy at 9:11 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• get them up earlier in the day depending on age make naps less long. take them out to Chuckie cheese every now and then let them get some of that energy out that way by time its bedtime they can have a nice warm bath and begin the yawning
    larrieshayamini

Answer by larrieshayamini at 9:35 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Why isnt it fast enough? what are they doing that is causing the delay?
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 2:00 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• just fight with me to go to bed and just come out and say mom i need, but mom he is playing, its not me its them that is out of bed just stuff like that
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:57 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Routine, routine, routine! My sons are 13 and 5 and I have noticed when I deviate even a little it is like Armageddon....LOL...seriously, get them used to the same thing every night and soon bedtime is more of a habit that just happens!
    2boyz2pray4

Answer by 2boyz2pray4 at 12:18 PM on Jan. 21, 2011

• If he gets outta bed you pick him up/walk him back to his bed without saying a word and then walk back out. You repeat this until the child understands and stays in bed.
    If you have acess to Hulu.com i would sugest watching some Super Nanny episodes.
    Ihatelaundry

Answer by Ihatelaundry at 2:34 AM on Jan. 25, 2011