39 weeks pregnant anything to help bring baby?

i want my baby here asap , im excited but my husband only has limited time before he has to go back to iraq, and by the time my doctor said shell induce is a week and half late which will only give him couple days with her. anything youve done thats brought your labor on? i dont want to try the castor oil and ive done the pineapple thing. 

sammyjoG

Asked by sammyjoG at 10:46 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i havent given birth yet-on my first pregnancy-but ive heard spicy food helps and my friends always said that sex a few times a day really helps to get things going. good luck mama and please tell your hubby my thanks and appreciation for all he is doing for our country-i will be praying for all of you and his safe return home to you and baby
    dez1379

Answer by dez1379 at 10:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• this worked for me the first time at 39 weeks. have sex and then just get up and move move move for several hours, don't stop, just keep moving. go shopping or something
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Sex and everything else doesn't work unless your body was going into labor anyway. There isn't enough prostaglanden in human semen to induce labor or we all would have been in labor at 23 weeks.

My son was born at 38 weeks and couldn't breath because his lungs weren't ready. I had to leave him at the hospital. I understand it's very important that dad is there, but baby's well being comes first. Hang in there momma! That's gotta be frustrating.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:51 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My mom threw herself into labor with me by playing baseball. someone would throw the ball and she would hit it as hard as possible. she did this until she went into labor.
    ready4baby2011

Answer by ready4baby2011 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Your excitement is totally understandable. But there is nothing you can do to make an under cooked baby come out.

Castor oil will give you the poops. And it could cause meconium to relase in the womb. Don't do it.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 10:58 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• baby isn't under cooked at 39 weeks!!!! and i had no signs whatsoever of going into labor and my way worked. some women need that extra boost. and sperm does make the cervix dilate and moving keeps the BHCs you'll get from sex going until they become real
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:04 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Go have some good sex or eat spicy food's or better yet do both. That is what my OBGYN suggested for me. And if he won't you can always get a nice massage and that will also help with the labor pain's. Good Luck and I wish you the best
    tejanomom

Answer by tejanomom at 11:12 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Have sex, dance, jump (lightly), walk up and down stairs
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 11:13 PM on Jan. 19, 2011