Help! anyone know what to do about oily hair?

my hair has always been oily. I was it in the morning and by afternoon my bangs look oily and like my hair hasn't been washed in a week. It is embarrassing. Is there a solution to keeping it looking clean all day? thanks

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 10:50 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• i learned this from Tabitha Coffeey, the famous hair stylist. those oil wipes that you use for your face you can use in your hair as well, or you can use baby powder too
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:52 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• http://www.cvs.com/CVSApp/catalog/shop_product_detail.jsp?skuId=482735&productId=482735&WT.mc_id=Shopping_Feed_Products_Google_Free_Listing
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I think Treseme makes some kind of spray you can use too.
    nkkk07

Answer by nkkk07 at 10:53 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• thanks, i heard the powder one before but thought it would be messy. i will try it though. thanks again
    Dianakk

Comment by Dianakk (original poster) at 10:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• http://healthybodydaily.com/dr-oz/dr-oz-solutions-for-split-ends-dry-hair-and-oily-hair
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• There are a few issues here. I'm sure you are shampooing everday because it looks dirty if you don't.
    *shampooing strips all the oils from your hair, sending the falsesignal to the sebaceous glands to secrete more because you are running out!
    * Make sure you are using a balancing or neutralising shampoo. It's the perfect ratio of moisture to cleanliness. Biolage has a great one and Paul Mitchell tea tree shampoo and conditioner is phenominal for this issue.
    * Use a dry shampoo during the day. Avoid baby powder, it tends to build up, causing more oil to secrete. It's too heavy. It feels good for a minute.
    Be patient, and consistent and you will see great results, as do my customers!
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 10:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• i'm gonna trust that link, tips from Tabitha seeing as she's famous and only the most prestigious people get to have their hair done by her
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:00 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• momofone, ANYONE can get an appointment with her. You just have to pay a lot of money and wait a year. lol
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• mhm. like i said.......just like kat von d when it comes to tattoos
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:10 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• What does that have to do with prestige? In my career I have seen far more talented platform artists, and educators.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:14 PM on Jan. 19, 2011