i need to know something asapp

so my father in law was babysitting my 2 year old son and was changing his dipar and seen his pee pee was red so he put some anti fungal cream on it is that okay or should i take it off

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I would take that off. Why put that on him? Call your ped doctor.
    sta517

Answer by sta517 at 11:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It should be fine.

I used to use athlete's foot cream on my kiddos when they had yeast infections.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:02 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• It's probably not the first thing I would try, but we used it once for a yeast diaper rash. Most normal, moderate diaper rashes will clear up within a day or so of using something like Desitin. If it doesn't clear up right away with normal diaper rash cream that's usually when you start looking at other options and suspect other causes. At that point, you would want to check with the pediatrician to see if they suspect yeast and recommend something like Lamisol or if there's another cause.

This link is pretty helpful: Skin Care: Diaper Rashes
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 11:09 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• My mom was a pediatric home health care nurse for years and highly reccomends Desitin. However, my girl keeps getting a recurring spot on her little girl parts & it turns into red itchy bumps if I don't put Lotrimin on it (anti-fungal cream). That's what my ped. said to put on it when I took her in for it.
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:41 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Don't put medications on your child unless they've been diagnosed with something.
    It could be many things... and you need to find out what.

Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 5:47 AM on Jan. 20, 2011