How do you motivate youself to work out when you feel drained?

I try to work out several times a week. Making sure i rest when I need too. Some days after work though I am exhausted and just want to rest or maybe sit in front of the computer and surf CM. is there anything you do to motivate yourself?

JennyJenny529

Asked by JennyJenny529 at 11:15 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• stretch it out. seriously if you feel drained then stretch, get the blood moving and the motivation to work out will come with it
    momofone725

Answer by momofone725 at 11:19 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Drink lots of water, eat an orange and some grapes after I workout... Or I'll make a protein shake (I like Designer Whey).... Good Luck!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:24 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Trying to picture myself in a bikini this summer, without making everyone run away. Lol
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:25 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Just do it.
    Don't make excuses. Don't swallow yourself in things to distract yourself.
    Just do it. Motivation is a state of mind ... Not something that you have no control over. Because you do have control over it.
    Just get up and excersise.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• I just get up and do it
    tinamarie1972

Answer by tinamarie1972 at 12:19 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• i watch something on tv like somone working out that doesn't want to then they are happy they did. gives me motivation every time kinda lame but it works for me
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 2:16 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Sometimes we have to push ourselves. I am in the same boat. I feel you.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I rarely ever work out I dont know why though I always feel so much better when I do
    fryshannon34

Answer by fryshannon34 at 10:30 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I do it because I always have MORE energy when I do. So, especially on those "blah" days get up and it will energize you and get you ready for more
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 2:08 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Generally, it's OK once you get started and the motivation returns for the 30 minutes or so that you need. If you're just really totally drained, skip it one day.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 2:41 PM on Jan. 20, 2011