What was/is all the "bumping" stuff going on in CafeMom?

I am totally oblivious to what all the bumping obsession is/was all about recently. I thought I'd ask out of sheer curiosity.

Momluv269

Asked by Momluv269 at 11:40 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in About CafeMom

• I'm lost, damn did I miss something AGAIN! LOL
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 11:47 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• Lol, well, I saw tons of bumping posts in Newcomers Club and just didnt get what it was all about.

I am very involved in my groups so I dont get into random conversations in the big public groups .... but Im very curious!
    Momluv269

Comment by Momluv269 (original poster) at 12:06 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I don't know for sure but i think its because of the whole earn credits level up thing... you get points for bumping so many questions a day
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 12:24 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• ^^^^ doesn't get the question!
    The bumping posts are a way to increase activity and page views in the group. Also the more replies a post gets the more often it will appear in the popular posts list under the groups tab. It could also affect how high up a group appears on the active and conversation lists. Seriously it's just a cry for attention.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 1:00 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Liansmommie, thanks for the elaborative answer. I had a hunch that this is what it was all about (I'm in the CM Discussion Group with you) and I remember a lot of debate and controversy regarding those topics.

Momluv269

Comment by Momluv269 (original poster) at 1:43 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• It bumps a post to the top of the pile so it will get more answers.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 12:45 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Hotmama, thats not what I was talking about. I know what "regular" bumping is, of course.

Im referring to what the answer above yours explains, about these big bumping contests everyone was having.
    Momluv269

Comment by Momluv269 (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2011

• what type of member you are. depends on how many replies youve made... if you look at everyones response, they have a "gold member" or a "ruby member" or "bronze member"
    JT32606

Answer by JT32606 at 1:34 PM on Jan. 20, 2011