water leaking?

For the past 24 hours I've been more moist. Ocasionally I" leak" like when I bend to put my socks on. I put a pad on but i'm curious how u tell the difference between a small water leak and just increased discharge? My water broke with my daughter but it wa s gush. I am 38 w 2 days. I have a check up tmrw morning so of course I will ask then but thougts now would b great! Tia!

randibosin

Asked by randibosin at 11:42 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Pregnancy

• That can totally just be discharge.
    But might be amniotic fluid.
    You will usually gush and continue to leak if it's AF-- sometimes you can force more out with a cough or pushing out pee on the toilet.

BE SURE to avoid vaginal exams~ you definitely want nothing inside if you are suspicious of a rupture.
    Women can safely go days weeks or more with a leak as long as they don't introduce bacteria (vaginal exams).
    * I did it!!
    ;-D Had a great water birth after a LOT of gushing...
    lol

I would be aware of this but not worry too much...
    Good luck!

doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:54 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I'm almost 36 weeks and recently had the same thing. My doc appt was 2 days later and I asked her about it, she did a simple PH test on a swab, and told me if it were amniotic fluid leaking, the strip would have turned bright blue, but if it were increased discharge it would stay green. Mine stayed green.
    Good luck to you!! We're in the home stretch!!!
    MamaLisa1976

Answer by MamaLisa1976 at 11:44 PM on Jan. 19, 2011