i can't be the only one who loses weight because of stress.

i've read this and seen this on shows like the doctors and doctor oz that people tend to gain weight because they eat out of stress. the first time i saw this i was like "what?!?!" when i'm stressed or upset i cannot eat a thing. if it lasts all day i can't eat all day. i've been stressed the past few days over a family situation and lost 5 lbs, all i was able to eat today was a banana, i had a protein shake the day before, and nothing at all the day before that (still drink lots of water). all i can think is how do ppl eat out of stress with that stressed feeling in their stomach. am i weird for being the way i am with food and stress? i'm normally a good eater but once that upset or stressed feeling hits, even if i was hungry, my appetite is GONE. am i the only one like this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Jan. 19, 2011 in Health

• Yeah I've never been a stressful eater, and I love to eat. I tend to get knots in my stomach and/or get nauseous when I'm upset and lose my appetite.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 11:57 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• WIsh I could say that myself. Lol
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 11:59 PM on Jan. 19, 2011

• see thats what i'm saying, but apparently this is a huge issue with ppl becoming overweight or obese because stress makes them eat and i can't even fathom eating while feeling that way
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:00 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• If you are then I hate you !!! naaaa just kidding I think most normal healthy people looses weight when stressed I do too cant eat anything but water when I have a difficult situation but I do not loose any weight at all I could be drinking water for a week and wont make any difference but I have an hormonal unbalance that causes that. But you should be careful you could cause yourself an ulcer because the acid in the stomach will be still there even if you don't eat well at least that was what my doc said.
    gou18

Answer by gou18 at 12:01 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Also stress tends to make you add on the pounds even if your not overeating. On a day that you eat regular, if you are stressed, not as many calories are burned doing reg. daily activites. It's a mind thing mostly, IMO.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• When I get stressed, I tend to eat less. But you need to keep something on your stomach. I once lost 30 lbs. in one month. I was so stressed out that I wound up with a bleeding ulcer. That's why it's really important that you keep something on your stomach. Eat little snacks frequently or something. Maybe you should go to the doctor and see about an antidepressant.
    amessageofhope

Answer by amessageofhope at 12:34 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• You have my sympathy because I know exactly what you are going through.   It's a daily struggle for me to get enough food in me to survive and when I'm stressed, I can't eat anything.

I suggest that you abandon the 3 meal a day routine and eat a little snack when ever you feel a bit peckish.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:29 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• I lose weight when I'm stressed as well, I love to eat, but nothing sounds good to me. I try to eat a little snack often throughout the day - your body needs fuel even if you don't feel like feeding it.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 7:34 AM on Jan. 20, 2011

• Some people lose and some people gain everyone is different.
    deesam

Answer by deesam at 12:19 PM on Jan. 20, 2011